Wednesday 29 August 2007

Phone Calls

This morning, i was called by a telemarketing person. They tried to lure me into whatever it was (i really do just zone them out) with the possibility of going into the draw for a car.

Immediately i launched into my story about going car free - utilising public transport, walking and cycling, reducing carbon emissions, global warming etc. (apart from spreading the word about more enviro-friendly transport, it really takes the wind out of their sails)

He thanked me for my time, and ended the discussion. While he didn't say much, I think i might have opened his eyes to a possibility he had never considered before. It certainly seemed that telemarketer training doesn't include the possibility that someone might be held captive by the possibility of a car.

No comments: